I miss the days when teardrops were just a blink of the eye away. These days, I realize I need to cry, but it doesn’t happen because I’ve built up a shield of numbness to protect my emotions from all of the drama around politics and pandemics. I look forward to the day when I will finally be able to sob my heart out!
Crying is a natural response to the world. Yet, here we are insisting it takes place behind closed doors, and it is something we should be embarrassed about.
My mum used to say you feel so much better when you cry, and that is the truth!
The benefits of crying include:
- The release of endorphins
- Lowering of stress
- The releasing of toxins
- It is an emotional signal to other people we need more support
- Helps you to sleep better
- Its good for your skin
- Relieves certain types of headaches, ie. tension headaches
- Makes you realise you’ll be okay: the pain ebbs, and the endorphins fill your body.
Don’t shy away. Feel it all; even if you cry happy tears.
The world is scary, but you aren’t alone, and its a lot harder to walk alone, bottling up your emotions, rather than leaning on your friends, family, and your body’s natural…
View original post 18 more words